Not to divide this country even more, but DAMN, so many other states have terrible taste in food.
Thrillist.com just put together a list of the GROSSEST FOOD that people love in every state. Here are some of the highlights . . .
1. Akutaq in Alaska. That’s “Eskimo Ice Cream” . . . but not delicious Eskimo Pies. It’s a mix of seal and other animal fats, with berries, and sometimes sugar and milk.
2. New Haven Clam Pie in Connecticut. That’s pizza with clams and white sauce.
3. Lamb fries in Kentucky. Those are deep-fried lamb testicles.
4. Koolickle in Mississippi. That’s a pickle soaked in Kool-Aid. WHAT?
5. Cincinnati Chili Five-Way in Ohio. It’s spaghetti with chili instead of red sauce, plus cheese, beans, and onions on top.
6. Chop Suey Sandwich in Rhode Island. Yes, they put chop suey between two hamburger buns.
Most REAL adults know this stuff. But a lot of young people have no idea. Here’s a list of seven things you should never put down the drain . . .
1. Grease, cooking oil, or butter. They end up mixing with other stuff and form a thick sludge that can clog your drains up. Another thing that does it is mayonnaise.
2. Egg shells. Don’t jam them in your garbage disposal. They can break the blades. And the tiny shell fragments can stick to stuff and cause clogs.
3. Coffee grounds. They end up sticking to grease and oil that’s already in your pipes, so they can make clogs even worse.
4. Pasta. It keeps expanding from all the water. Don’t worry if it’s just a noodle or two though. The same thing goes for rice.
5. Flour. When you mix it with water, it’s basically like glue. So if you spill some on the counter, throw it out. Don’t wipe it into the sink.
6. The stickers on fresh produce. They can clog your pipes up, and they can also cause blockages later on at water treatment plants.
7. Expired medication. Don’t flush it, because it gets into the water supply. Some cities have places where you can drop off old pills. Otherwise, leave them in the bottle with the lid on, and throw them in the trash.
(Food and Wine)
eHarmony recently analyzed people’s profiles to find out which hobbies and interests we’re attracted to the most. Meaning you get more matches if you list them. So if you hate to travel, or don’t exercise much . . . maybe just lie.
Both of them are in the top three for women AND men. Here’s what they found . . .
The ten most attractive hobbies and interests a GUY can have are traveling . . . exercise . . . going to the theater . . . dancing . . . cooking . . . doing stuff outdoors . . . politics . . . pets . . . photography . . . and sports.
And the ten most attractive hobbies and interests WOMEN can have are exercise . . . photography . . . traveling . . . art . . . dancing . . . politics . . . doing stuff outdoors . . . cooking . . . learning . . . and music.
If you’ve ever lived or worked abroad, mention that too. People who’ve lived in another country get more messages. And so do people who speak a second language.
One hobby women DON’T find attractive is partying with friends on the weekend. And even though WOMEN want a guy who likes theater, it’s not mutual. Women who say they really love the theater get FEWER matches than women who don’t.
The survey also found men should list at least six hobbies on their profile to get the most matches. But for some reason, women get fewer hits if they list more than four.
(FemaleFirst / eHarmony)
Apparently a woman’s intuition is like a borderline superpower. And a guy’s intuition is borderline non-existent.
A recent survey by the cheating website Illicit Encounters found that women are WAY more likely to know if they’re being cheated on.
Here are four stats . . .
1. 79% of women who’ve caught someone cheating said they could tell something was going on. Only 49% of guys suspected anything. So the other half had no idea.
2. Women are more likely to KEEP calling you out if they think something’s going on. The average woman who’d caught someone cheating brought it up four times before they found out the truth or broke things off. Men only brought it up twice.
3. Men and women are both just as likely to deny something’s going on. 85% of women who’ve been caught cheating said they denied it, and so did 82% of men.
4. Women are more likely to hire a private investigator to find out what’s going on. 5% of women who’ve been cheated on said they did it. Only 2% of men did.
You hate to see people lose their jobs . . . unless they lose them in a HILARIOUS way. Then it’s fine.
There’s a discussion on Reddit.com where managers are sharing the DUMBEST thing one of their employees did to get fired. Here are five of the best ones . . .
1. “My assistant manager’s register was exactly $3.64 short after every shift. It turns out that’s how much he was spending at Taco Bell for lunch. When we accused him of stealing, he thought we meant all the merchandise he’d been taking.”
2. “A 20-year-old new guy called in sick and said he had a stroke. He lived across the street from the store, so we all watched him pack up his truck with beach gear and drive off with his girlfriend.”
3. “I had a server take a sip out of a customer’s Dr. Pepper and Coke right in front of them to see which was which.”
4. “I had to fire a new dishwasher after she was caught on camera throwing silverware and plates into the dumpster instead of putting them into the dishwasher.”
5. “We had a secretary who wouldn’t get anything done. I eventually got fed up and looked on her work computer. I found out she was prostituting herself with her company email.”
Here are some random facts for you . . .
1. Tea bags were invented by accident in 1908. A salesman in New York sent samples of tea to people in silk bags, they assumed they were supposed to put the entire bag into the pot, and the trend caught on.
2. Darius Rucker wasn’t “Hootie” in Hootie and the Blowfish. Those were the nicknames of two of his best friends in college . . . one of whom had big eyes and looked like an owl, and one who had big cheeks.
3. Jimmy Carter was the first president born in a hospital, in 1924.
4. Originally, Steven Spielberg was developing “Cape Fear” and Martin Scorsese was developing “Schindler’s List”. Neither of them were into their own project, so they decided to trade movies.
5. Albert Einstein, Edgar Allan Poe, Jesse James, H.G. Wells, and Charles Darwin all married their first cousins.
(Tea.co.uk / South Florida Sun-Sentinel / History / Wikipedia / Listal)
The website 24/7 Wall Street just put together a list of the 10 most hated companies in America. The rankings are based on things like customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, customer service, and company policies. Check ‘em out . . .
2. Bank of America.
3. Mylan . . . that’s the pharmaceutical company that jacked up the price of EpiPens more than 500% in the past decade.
5. Wells Fargo.
7. Spirit Airlines.
8. Dish Network.
Tags: hated companies
We’re a country that’s passionate about its fast food. After all, it sustains our children better than we ever could.
A new study found the fast food chains that have the most devoted fans. The rankings are based on what percentage of people would recommend the chain to friends and family, minus the people who would discourage other people from going there.
And the chain with the best fans is . . . Panera Bread. Hmm. I wouldn’t have guessed that.
The rest of the top 10 are: Culver’s . . . In-N-Out Burger . . . Chick-fil-A . . . Five Guys . . . Papa Murphy’s Take N’ Bake Pizza . . . Subway . . . Whataburger . . . Rubio’s . . . and Baja Fresh.
For sit-down chain restaurants, the three with the most devoted fans are Texas Roadhouse . . . Bonefish . . . and Longhorn Steakhouse.