Five Random Facts For Tuesday
November 22, 2016No Comments
Here are some random facts for you . . .
1. People produce an average of 0.28 pounds of feces per day, or around 100 pounds a year.
2. When Milton Bradley invented the Game of Life in 1860, one of the possible outcomes was suicide.
3. There are 4,700 species of frogs, and only one makes a “ribbit” sound. But we associate it with all frogs, because the frog that “ribbits” is native to California, so it’s the one that sound engineers originally recorded for movies.
4. Cashews are the only nut that you can’t buy in its shell . . . because the shells are toxic.
5. During the American Revolution, GEORGE WASHINGTON swore he’d never set foot on British soil. So when a statue of him went up in London in 1921, the state of Virginia sent over some dirt and the statue was erected on top of it.
(Wikipedia / New Yorker / Oregon State / Evil Mad Scientist / About)