The Ten Weirdest Sick Day Excuses People Used This Year
October 21, 2016No Comments
Career Builder just released its annual list of the most ridiculous sick day excuses people have come up with in the past year. Here’s the top ten . . .
1. A guy claimed the ozone made his tires go flat.
2. A guy said he had to be a pallbearer at the funeral of his wife’s cousin’s PET.
3. A woman said she couldn’t get out of her house, because the police were raiding it.
4. A woman wouldn’t cancel her hair appointment, because her roots were showing.
5. Someone said they accidentally ate cat food instead of tuna and got sick.
6. A woman called in and said SHE wasn’t sick, but her llama was.
7. A woman claimed she used Nair on her armpits . . . ended up with chemical burns . . . and couldn’t put her arms down.
8. Someone said they couldn’t come in because they ate too much birthday cake.
9. A guy said he couldn’t make it in because he was bowling the game of his life.
10. An employee claimed they had to stay home, because they got bitten by a duck.
The survey also found 35% of us have faked a sick day in the past year. 28% just didn’t feel like going in . . . 27% had a doctor’s appointment . . . 24% needed to relax . . . 18% wanted to sleep in . . . and 11% needed to run errands.