It Costs $381,000 to Have a Happy Marriage
February 23, 2016No Comments
I guess I’m too poor to have a happy marriage. A new study found it costs approximately $381,000 to have a happy marriage. I wonder how much it costs to happily die alone? Anyway, here’s the breakdown . . .
1. $30,000 for a wedding and honeymoon.
2. $2,000 a year for date nights. That’s three dates a month at around $55 each.
3. $800 a year for nights in. That’s three nights a month and includes the cost of a Netflix subscription, iTunes movie downloads, drinks, and snacks.
4. $435 a year for gifts and surprises.
5. $680 a year for jewelry.
6. $277 a year for lingerie. Remember, these are the costs for a HAPPY marriage, and that’s going to include lingerie once in a while.
7. $232 a year on clothes and shoes for special occasions.
8. $922 a year on weekends away.
9. $2,400 a year on vacations.
That’s $7,746 total every year. Over 45 years, plus the wedding, it adds up to about $381,000.