The Ten Things We Hate the Most About Customer Service
November 6, 2015No Comments
“Consumer Reports” just did a survey on the top 10 things people hate about customer service. Give them credit . . . trying to narrow down a list of the things we HATE about customer service is pretty difficult.
Here are the results. Just a few percentage points separate the top and the bottom. So basically we hate ALL of these things . . . a LOT.
1. Not being able to get a real human being on the phone.
2. A salesperson who’s rude or condescending.
3. Getting disconnected.
4. Getting disconnected and then not being able to reach the same rep.
5. Getting transferred to a representative who can’t help.
6. A company that either doesn’t provide the customer service phone number, or HIDES it.
7. Being on hold for a long time.
8. Having to select a ton of steps on their phone menu.
9. Representatives who keep asking for the same information.
10. When the solution they propose is useless.