Five Random Things You Didn't Know About Your Car
August 17, 2015No Comments
Here are five random things you might not know about your car . . .
1. You shouldn’t be able to see your own car in your side mirrors. It’s safer if you can see OTHER cars. So you’re supposed to position them so you can almost see the sides of your car, but not quite.
2. Here’s how to cool down the inside of your car in under a minute. If you parked in the sun, roll down the driver’s side window, then open and close the passenger’s side door five to ten times. It recirculates the air, and makes it up to 10 degrees cooler.
3. Pressing your key remote under your chin increases its range. Which can help the next time you can’t find your car in a parking lot. Basically, it turns your head into a giant antenna . . . but it won’t hurt you.
4. Driving with the A/C on is safer. Studies show your chances of falling asleep at the wheel start going up if it’s warmer than about 71 degrees in your car. And on average, your reaction time is 22% slower at 80 degrees than it is at 71.
5. Your air conditioner filters out up to 88% of the pollen in the air. So it’s a good idea to use it when your allergies flare up.