Ten Weird Benefits You're Probably Not Getting at Work
July 6, 2015No Comments
If you got a paid day off last week, you’re probably still glowing from your three-day weekend. Here’s something to curb that joy a little bit.
A new survey asked companies which benefits they offer, and most of them aren’t that surprising. Like 90% have some sort of retirement plan, and 76% have free coffee. But here are the ten weirdest benefits you’re probably NOT getting . . .
1. 14% have on-site fitness classes, and 11% offer on-site massage therapy.
2. 9% have health insurance for pets, and 8% allow pets at work.
3. 9% pay for the mini-bar if you stay at a hotel on business, and 4% will also cover your pay-per-view bill.
4. 8% of companies give employees a paid day off for their BIRTHDAY.
5. 5% have an on-site vegetable garden at work.
6. 2% offer UNLIMITED paid time off, and 3% offer unlimited sick days.
7. 2% will help women pay to have their eggs frozen.
8. 2% do a take-your-PARENT-to-work day. (???)
9. 2% offer on-site haircuts.
10. 2% have a room at work that’s specifically for taking naps.