[New] The Top Ten Things That Distract Teenage Drivers
March 30, 2015No Comments
FULL STORY: Triple-A recently looked at 1,700 car crashes where teenagers were driving, and texting WASN’T the number one cause . . . but it was up there. Here are the top ten things that distract teenage drivers . . .
1. Interacting with other passengers, 14.9%. Which is why it’s so dangerous for kids to drive around with a car full of friends.
2. Using their cellphone . . . so texting, talking, and GPS, 11.9%.
3. Getting distracted by something else in the car, 10.6%.
4. Getting distracted by something OUTSIDE the car, 9%.
5. Singing or dancing in their seat, 7.7%.
6. Reaching for an object, 5.6%.
7. Personal grooming . . . meaning looking in the mirror, or doing their make-up, 5.5%.
8. Getting distracted by a pedestrian or another driver, 4.4%.
9. Taking their eyes off the road to operate the controls, 3.3%.
10. Eating or drinking, 1.7%.