Here are 10 things you’re doing that might be SHORTENING your life. Happy Wednesday!
1. You’re single. Studies show that being single for long periods of time could shave a decade off your lifespan.
2. You sit for long periods of time. Researchers found that if you sit for over three hours a day, you’re cutting a few years off your lifespan. And that ratio just increases the more hours you spend sitting.
3. You don’t have a lot of friends. People with weak social connections die at higher rates. Experts found that being lonely can be as bad for your health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day.
And elderly people with a TON of friends are 22% less likely to go.
4. You watch a lot of TV. This is bad news for binge-watchers over age 25. Every hour of TV you watch supposedly reduces your lifespan by 21 minutes. Go ahead and do the math . . . if that’s not too depressing.
5. You eat unhealthy. Obviously. But you might not know that eating red meat can shorten your life by 20% if you eat extra portions.
6. You’re unemployed. Not having a job can increase your risk of premature death by 63%.
7. You don’t get the big O enough. Basically, if you’re not getting any, you’re 50% more likely to die than the people who are getting lucky.
8. You put up with annoying co-workers. Luckily, whether or not your BOSS supports you is NOT a factor in your mortality. But people with strong social support at work from their OTHER co-workers tend to live longer.
9. Your sleep is messed up. If you get less than five hours or more than NINE hours, your life expectancy decreases.
10. You fear death. The fear of a shortened lifespan is called “thanatophobia” . . . and it can actually CAUSE you to have a shortened lifespan.
Source: (Huffington Post)
Tags: life expectantcy
, life span
, morning show