Five Random Facts For Monday
September 22, 2014No Comments
Wanna sound like a geeky now-it-all nerd? Just spew some of these random facts that are useless, yet interesting;
1. Pop-Tarts turn 50 this year . . . and every year for the past 32 years their sales have gone up.
2. It’s official . . . the National Climatic Data Center says this was the hottest summer in history. The average temperature on land and across the oceans was 62.8 degrees.
3. It would take five minutes to knock someone out by holding a rag soaked with chloroform under their nose . . . not two seconds like it does in movies.
4. If the Statue of Liberty was melted down and the copper was sold for scrap, it would only be worth about $225,000.
5. Eleanor Roosevelt was Teddy Roosevelt’s niece. Franklin D. Roosevelt was Teddy’s fifth cousin. So when FDR married Eleanor, they were both part of the same family tree . . . they were fifth cousins, once removed.