The website 24/7 Wall Street just put together a list of the 10 most hated companies in America. The rankings are based on things like customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, customer service, and company policies. Check ‘em out . . .
2. Bank of America.
3. Mylan . . . that’s the pharmaceutical company that jacked up the price of EpiPens more than 500% in the past decade.
5. Wells Fargo.
7. Spirit Airlines.
8. Dish Network.
Tags: hated companies
We’re a country that’s passionate about its fast food. After all, it sustains our children better than we ever could.
A new study found the fast food chains that have the most devoted fans. The rankings are based on what percentage of people would recommend the chain to friends and family, minus the people who would discourage other people from going there.
And the chain with the best fans is . . . Panera Bread. Hmm. I wouldn’t have guessed that.
The rest of the top 10 are: Culver’s . . . In-N-Out Burger . . . Chick-fil-A . . . Five Guys . . . Papa Murphy’s Take N’ Bake Pizza . . . Subway . . . Whataburger . . . Rubio’s . . . and Baja Fresh.
For sit-down chain restaurants, the three with the most devoted fans are Texas Roadhouse . . . Bonefish . . . and Longhorn Steakhouse.
Someone online asked guys to name girly stuff they WISH they could do if it was socially acceptable. Here are ten of the most popular answers they came up with . . .
1. Wear a dress or a skirt when it’s hot out.
2. Wear leggings or tights when it’s cold out. One guy wore them for a Halloween costume once, and says he wears them under his pants now if it’s cold outside. Yoga pants and really short shorts were also popular, because they look comfortable.
3. Wear make-up to hide things like pimples and dark circles under your eyes.
4. Wear body spray or cologne that smells fruity, or like flowers.
5. Use the word “cute” more often. Guys feel like they can’t say it, no matter how cute something is.
6. Wear more jewelry. Like bracelets and rings with huge gemstones.
7. Order fruity drinks at the bar without being judged for it.
8. Use things like facemasks to keep your skin looking good. Apparently just the FEAR of your friends finding out keeps guys from doing it.
9. Knitting or quilting was surprisingly popular. It’s another thing guys want to do, but think their friends will make fun of them.
10. Carry a purse, so you don’t have to keep everything in your pockets.
, social behavior
Here are some random facts for you . . .
1. Americans eat 554 million tacos from Jack in the Box per year . . . or about 1,000 a minute.
2. There are 18 countries that don’t have a single river, including the Bahamas, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Yemen.
3. The first thing anyone bought online was Sting’s CD “Ten Summoner’s Tales” in 1994. A guy from Philadelphia bought it from a company called Net Market in New Hampshire.
4. In the early 1900s, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich was considered a delicacy and only eaten by rich people. But by the 1920s, the price of peanut butter went way down, and they became more popular. And today, the average kid eats about 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches by the time they graduate high school.
5. In an NHL game, if all of a team’s goalies are injured, the team has the option to suit up anyone as their goalie . . . even someone from the stands. Of course, they’d probably just have another player do it instead . . . but you should be ready just in case?
(Consumerist / Wikipedia / New York Times / Wikipedia / NHL)
If you already bought your family’s Christmas presents and you’re hiding them under the bed because no one will ever look for them there . . . yeah, they’ve already been found. A new survey asked people for the BEST places to hide presents so their kids and their significant other can’t find them.
Here are the five ideas that got the most votes . . .
1. At a friend’s house.
2. In suitcases.
3. The back of the top shelf of your closet.
4. The back of the top shelf of your kitchen cupboard.
5. Deep in the tool shed.
, Christmas gifts
What do you put on when you’re hoping to set the mood in the bedroom? If you use Spotify playlists, you better hope JUSTIN BIEBER doesn’t come up, because 39% of people say they’d no longer feel aroused if one of his songs came on. That’s from a new British poll on music and sex. And even though it wasn’t conducted in America, there’s nothing TOO British on it . .
Here’s the Top 10 most popular songs to have on while you’re in the sack . . .
1. “Skin”, Rihanna
2. “Let’s Get It On”, Marvin Gaye
3. “Lollipop”, Lil Wayne
4. “Drunk in Love”, Beyoncé
5. “Love to Love You Baby”, Donna Summer
6. “Me & U”, Cassie
7. “Love Me Like You Do”, Ellie Goulding
8. “Magic”, Coldplay
9. “Intro”, The XX
10. “SexyBack”, Justin Timberlake
As you can see, pop, R&B and rock can set the mood. The least-popular genre in the bedroom, was heavy metal, with 40% of people saying it was a turn-off.
That can’t come as a huge surprise. What’s even more interesting is that 60% of people apparently DON’T consider it a turn-off.
Rap was the second least-popular genre to have playing during sexy time.
(What’s on your go-to playlist for sex . . . besides the OBVIOUS stuff like George Michael’s “Father Figure”.) (???)
(And what’s your best story about a song KILLING the mood? Was it something you THOUGHT would work but it failed . . . or was it a song that came on unexpectedly?)